A component of the Advanced Certificate is that students are required to take two electives in GSAS. These courses can be on any topic and do not require a pre-existing digital component. Students are asked to work with their advisors to select courses that allow them to gain experience using their newly acquired digital skills and methods in their chosen field.
The following are examples of courses taught by DHSS advising faculty who will welcome Advanced Certificate students in their classes. There are many additional courses to select among as well. Please contact your academic advisor, one of our DHSS Advising Faculty, or send email to email@example.com for advising on your electives for the Advanced Certificate in Digital Humanities.
- ENGL-GA-1972 (PDF) Topics in Digital Humanities: Digital Literary Studies (4 Points)
- Spring 2018 Prof. David L. Hoover
- HIST-GA 2033 (PDF) 2016 Creating Digital History (4 Points)
- Fall, 2017 Mondays, 4:55-7:35 pm – Leah Potter
- ISAW-GA 3024-001 Introduction to Digital Humanities for the Ancient World (4 Points)
- ISAW-GA (PDF) TBD Mapping and Data Visualization for the Ancient World (4 Points)
- Spring, 2018 Prof. Sebastian Heath
- JOUR-GA 1182.012 Data Journalism (4 Points)